Accelerate is still accepting referrals for people needing support from across Coventry and Warwickshire who are age 19 and above.
We will be continuing to work with people remotely, ensuring they are in regular contact with their Journey Guides via telephone or online services. As no face to face appointments are currently being held we keep exploring ways to continue supporting people via online resources, to continue to help overcome barriers to employment, and work towards getting into work, training or education.
The support provided is as valuable now, maybe even more so than ever, so please continue to refer those most in need.
Coventry & Warwickshire Co-operative Development Agency – Accelerate Project.
The Accelerate project helps different types of people overcome a variety of barriers which may be stopping them find paid employment. If you are unemployed or economically inactive and are eligible to work within the UK then you can join.
As part of the Accelerate project we will assist our participants with accessing learning, training and job opportunities, including; woodwork groups, working with the elderly, cooking classes and IT lessons. You will also have access to journey guides to help you along your way. You will also gain various skills, confidence building, break barriers, have access to work experience and volunteer placements along with our support and guidance so you’re not in this alone.
So if you would like more information please call Sandra on 02476 315151.
Accelerate is a Building Better Opportunities Project funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
Free Cooking Course
Want to learn to cook healthy meals on a budget? Our free cooking course helps you do just that. You’ll also learn how to make some tasty desserts too! It consists of 8 Cooking sessions and is one not to be missed! To see the kind of things you can make check out our Summer Soup Recipe below. For more information and to join the course please contact us.
A cross between a soup and a stew, this healthy French dish is packed with vegetables and beans – perfect as a light lunch. If making ahead it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins
Level: Easy Serves: 4
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 leeks
- 1 large courgette
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini, berlotti, or haricot or other preferred beans, drained
- 200g green beans
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- Small pack basil or teaspoon dried
- 40g freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the leeks and courgette for 5 mins to soften. Pour in the stock, add three-quarters of the haricot beans with the green beans, half the tomatoes, and simmer for 5-8 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, blitz the remaining beans and tomatoes, the garlic and basil in a food processor (or in a bowl with a stick blender) until smooth, then stir in the Parmesan. Stir the sauce into the soup, cook for 1 min, then ladle half into bowls or pour into a flask for a packed lunch. Chill the remainder. Will keep for a couple of days.
TOP TIP! This is a good way of using the vegetables you have in the fridge as you can substitute. It’s also freezable!