Connecting Communities through Social Interaction
9.30am to 3pm
02476 31 51 51
We are making these changes to better explain our privacy practices to you and to reflect changes required by the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes more information about how we collect, use, and share any personal information you may give to us. We have reworded some content, and added details with the objective of making our practices easy for our volunteers and service users to understand.
Notable updates include:
- Greater Transparency. The new policy will provide more detailed explanations of what personal information we collect from you, how we collect it, what we do with it, and who we share your data with.
- More Control. Make it easier for you to control the information you provide us. You’ll see that our policy explains your choices about this.
What type of information do we collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email and contact number.
How do we collect information?
When you complete the contact form on our website or you register as a client for one of our services, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address, contact number and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why do you collect such personal information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To be able to contact our visitors with responses to their queries and to provide a service to them, e.g. Medicar Transport or Supported Shopping;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our funders may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do you store, use, share and disclose your site visitors’ personal information?
Data provided to us via registration forms are stored in a secure location which is always locked and only accessible by those working with that data to arrange services for the clients. Via the website, once data is extracted and filed the email is permanently deleted. We will not share your data with any third parties.
How do you communicate with your site visitors?
We may contact you to respond to any queries you have made to us via the website using an email address provided by yourself or telephone/mobile number. We will also need to contact you via post, telephone or email if you are using one of our services.
How can your site visitors’ withdraw their consent?
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore or would like to withdraw your information from any of our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us mail to Volunteer Friends, Darlaston House, 4 School Road, Bulkington, Warwickshire, CV12 9JB. Please note you will be asked for your contact details again if you choose to use any of our services after you have withdrawn from.
Questions and your contact information.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email: email@example.com or send us mail to Volunteer Friends, Darlaston House, 4 School Road, Bulkington, Warwickshire, CV12 9JB.