Who is the service for?
A transport service for people living in the Borough of Nuneaton & Bedworth who need to make social related journeys and are not able to use public transport, because of ill health (short or long term) old age or disability, and are 65+.
What does the service cost?
- All journeys are charged at 45p per mile.
- An administrative charge of £2 is made for each journey or £1 for a return journey of between 1-6 miles. All monies are paid to the driver, who will also provide a receipt on request.
- Any parking fees applicable to the journey.
How to use the Social Car Scheme:
- Contact the office, book your journey and register with us. The friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, telephone 024 7664 0088.
- Give as much notice as possible (at the very minimum 2 working days) of your appointment.
- Inform us as quickly as possible of changes and cancellations.
- Give the names of all passengers when the journey is booked, including anyone who is travelling with you to help you. This is required for insurance purposes.
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Do not smoke in the vehicle.
- Please remember, the Social Car Scheme is not a cheap taxi service. Users who ask drivers to take them somewhere other than the designated destination (for example a medical appointment) may not be allowed to use the service in the future.
About the service:
The service is managed by Volunteer Friends. All drivers are volunteers, giving their time freely and using their own vehicle to provide the service.
- one way
- two way
- wait and return